The UFC just officially announced UFC 98, and while that means very little to those of us who have known about it for a month now, I thought we could take a few seconds to look over the card.
* Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Frank Mir (heavyweight title unification)
* Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
* Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk
* Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Wilson
* Kyle Bradley vs. Phillipe Nover
* James Irvin vs. Drew McFedries
* Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
* Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao
* Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
* David Kaplan vs. George Roop
While their specific matchups don’t interest me all that much, I’m hyped to see how Pat Barry, Yoshida, and Nover do. I’m also kinda jazzed up by guilty pleasures Houston Alexander and James Irvin on the card. Pretty much the only terrible fight on the card I have no interest in is Dave Kaplan vs George Roop. Kaplan is just a douche and Roop practically lost to John “Creepy Hug Guy” Polakowski on TUF. Nuff said.