I know some pretty big shitheads, and one of the ways these shitheads let their shittitude fly is via being total cunts to their loving, long suffering girlfriends. I have no idea why these ladies put up with the crap they do, and I must ask the same to Showtime and Strikeforce for continuing to put up with the bullshit of Fedor Emelianenko and his gang.
There’s very little proof that Fedor has done anything to help Strikeforce so far. His signing took Strikeforce’s eye of the Gina Carano / Cris Cyborg superfight, which the promotion then dropped the ball on. Instead of Gina vs Cyborg on CBS, it was Fedor vs Brett Rogers and the ratings sucked. He followed this up by refusing to fight on the second CBS card until his contract was re-negotiated, leaving the event without a decent headlining fight. Then he lost to Fabricio Werdum in just over a minute in June.
At this point you’d think Strikeforce would finally have the ball in their court. Maybe they’d be able to exert a little control over what Fedor did for the third and final fight on his contract! Nope. Instead, it’s been six months since the loss and Fedor’s people are still in negotiations with Showtime over his NEXT contract, one that would also see Emelianenko’s promotion company M-1 Global mooch it’s way onto the premium cable network.
It’s pretty nice of Strikeforce not to lay an egg over M-1 trying to muscle in on their network deal. Sometimes I think Vadim Finkelstein could blow a load all over Scott Coker’s face and Scott would do nothing but brag about how their partnership had just ‘come’ to the next level. With both Showtime and Strikeforce taking it hard and deep to please the Last Emperor, how dedicated is he to them? Not very. From MMA Junkie:
Kogan added that Jan. 29 is “not on the table,” though he declined to discuss further details of negotiations.
Earlier this month, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker echoed Kogan’s comments when he said Emelianenko’s return looks more certain than ever.
“I think we’re moving in the right direction,” he told MMAjunkie.com following “Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu II.” “It sounds like it’s getting very close.”
M-1 Global head Vadim Finkelstein in October told MMAjunkie.com that his company is negotiating primarily with Showtime to secure Emelianenko’s return and said the heavyweight’s next opponent has not been a sticking point in talks. He said talks for Emelianenko to fight Silva did not go past the preliminary stage.
As to how long the Russian heavyweight can remain on the shelf, the executive said the fighter’s current deal is “open to interpretation.”
“There’s a reasonable period of time when the fight has to happen, and pretty soon now we’ll know whether or not it will be a fight under the existing contract or a new contract,” Finkelchtein said. “We have an agreement in place, and that agreement has one more fight on it.
“If we have to operate under that agreement, that’s perfectly fine. But if we have the opportunity to make the relationship more long term, than certainly we’re open to that as well. So we feel fine about that in terms of Fedor’s career because we know at some point very soon, he’s going to have a fight.”
So to summarize: Fedor is refusing to fight on Strikeforce’s upcoming January card because he wants the fight to be under a new contract, not the old one. That means he fought all of ONE fight under the original contract he signed, held out for a new deal, had one fight under that, and is now HOLDING OUT AGAIN.
After consistently fucking Strikeforce’s shit all through 2009 – 2010, you’d think they’d tell him where to shove it but there’s something magical about Fedor that makes dumb fight execs blind to the damage he causes promotions. The situation is so obvious it’s almost hard to fault Fedor. When Showtime and Strikeforce are so eager to act like quivering pussies, is it really so wrong to fuck them?