The Arnolds ain’t just a place for bronzed freaks to get together any more … there’s all sorts of cool shit from sword fighting to cheerleading to every description of martial arts. Richard from MMA Training has some advice on how to get the most out of the Arnolds this weekend in Columbus:
1. Go to the Fitness Expo. It will cost some nominal amount ($10?) and you can make the rounds grabbing as much free stuff as your arms can hold. It is the equivalent of a kid in a candy shop but it is a sports nut in a free supplements store. You will try so many different lotions, potions and concoctions that your head will be spinning by the time you find your way to the exit.
2. There will be really really big guys in attendance and some smaller guys. Don’t think that the smaller guys are the ones to push around – they know mixed martial arts. Your best bet is to avoid accidentally bumping into anyone at the bars that weekend.
3. Arnold will be there. Don’t ask him how things are going in California (hint : the state is on the verge of bankruptcy).
4. Lou Ferrigno will be there. He wants $20 for any photo you take of him or anyone basically near him. Find me. I’ll bring some green face paint and we’ll call the picture “Me and The Hulk for $nil”
5. Check out the powerlifting and bodybuilding. Freaks of nature in both venues.
It’s being held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, which is a stone’s throw from the Nationwide Arena. Here’s the schedule for the thing … I’ll probably be there on Friday during the day killing time and filming all the giant dudes and hot chicks. I’ve got a feeling only people with UFC tickets are getting into the weigh-ins and since my ticket will be in Toronto until Saturday I might be SOL. Anyone have any experience trying to get into these things sans ticket?