Ronda showed up on the JRE yesterday, and as you’d expect, the conversation veered all over the place. There’s not really much to say… she’s a cool chick, and this is just an excuse to talk about her. Fightlinker Mandate: All Rousey, All the Time.
Some takeaways –
* She doesn’t cut weight. Walks around at about 150.
* Used to have to tape down her fingernails during Judo so they wouldn’t get ripped off.
* Julia Budd was really slippery. Very “vaseline-y”.
* She and 2 other chicks beat the shit out of 4 dudes at a movie theater in 2007, and was later sued by them because she was an Olympian.
* She references Ender’s Game, LOTR, and Harry Potter all in like a 30 minute span. No Pokemon though.
* A bully attacked her in the 6th grade and she threw him on his head, sending him to the ER. She ended up getting community service.
* Eddie Bravo calls Cyborg the Mike Tyson of WMMA, while Ronda reckons that she more like Ivan Drago (wink wink)
* She’s had three knee surgeries (1 acl, 2 arthroscopies) and arthritis since she was 19.
* Don’t go on the Rogan podcast if you have a drug test coming up because you will get a contact buzz. A couple of hours in and she’s either high or very sleepy.
* She has a boyfriend
* 9/11 was an inside job, and aliens are real, but Bigfoot is not. She was actually asked about UFO’s but I’ll assume that Bravo meant aliens.
* Hoping for a fight this spring at 135.
* She thought Asian women had sideways vaginas until she was 13.
Her thoughts on Cyborg:
That fight (with Cyborg) definitely needs to happen… She’s gonna want to fight me as soon as possible, and I’m gonna want to fight her as late as possible, and we’re just gonna have to find somewhere in the middle. The more time they wait, the better I’m gonna get because I didn’t even have that much experience… I haven’t even fought a full round. I’ve had seven fights. I haven’t fought one round (5 minutes). The more time that goes by I feel myself getting way way better, whereas how can you like, become better at being a goon?