We all know Rampage as one of the top Light Heavyweights on the planet, but has anyone else realized how many of his opponents are (or will be) Middleweights?
Let’s put together a list. We’ll keep a running tab on the right to gradually tally up the amount of lighter-weight opponents.
– Wanderlei Silva three times (now a Middleweight) = 3
– Dan Henderson (Middleweight) = 4
– Marvin Eastman twice (Middleweight) = 6
– Matt Lindland (Middlweight) = 7
– Dong Sik Yoon (Middleweight) = 8
– Ninja Rua (Middleweight) = 9
– Ikuhisa Minowa (Middleweight) = 10
– Murilo Bustamante (Middleweight) = 11
– Daijiro Matsui (Middleweight) = 12
– Sakuraba (Middleweight) = 13
– Mike Pyle (Welterweight) = 14
We can see that out of Quinton’s seven losses, five of them have been to guys who are/will be 185 pounders. (Forrest Griffin and Shogun are the only 205ers to get victories over him.) Even in the UFC he’s split down the middle, so to speak, with fights against Middleweights Hendo, Wanderlei and Eastman, and Light-Heavyweights Forrest, Liddell and Jardine.
Once again, this is just trivia. Nobody is trashing Rampage. And yes, a lot of those guys were larger when they fought him, but so what. That’s why you guys can’t learn anything, you’re always complaining.