From the ‘discussion’ section of Tim Sylvia’s wiki page:
Sylvia Defecating Himself
Sylvia was ill with the flu and defecated himself during the Assuerio Silva fight which was visible when his trunks were partially pulled down. Since then, major organizations are moving towards explicitly disqualifing a fighter or ruling the fight a no contest if a fighter defecates or urinates himself during the match. Defecation or urination proposes an unfair advantage as the opponent, especially grapplers, would have to put up with foul and unsanitary conditions. Fans of the mma community refer to this as the “Tim Sylvia Rule.” The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:18, 23 March 2007 (UTC).
Do you have proof that that rule was instated due to Tim Sylvia’s Performance against Silva??? Takedashingen620
- I don’t have a problem with this info’s inclusion since we have a reliable source that supports it, at least for the defecating himself part. We will need another reliable source saying organizations are deciding this because of this fight, however, to include that part. VegaDark 20:30, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- Ok I’m fine with that then, so we can add the defecating part but leave out that a rule was instated Supposedly due to this fight unless reliable resources are found. Takedashingen620
- I agree with Takedashingen620 that this incident didn’t affect the result of the fight, however, so I could see moving this piece of information to a different section of the page if you think that would be better. VegaDark 00:44, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- Adding right in that paragraph is fine as it is an interesting piece of information to the fight. Not everyday that a fighter defecates himself, in fact he might be the first MMA fighter to do so. â€”The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk â€¢ contribs).
- Yea, but Randleman’s was not visible to the audience, where as Sylvia’s brown/orange/yellow spot was visible to both the live audience and millions on tv.
- So why does the Assueria fight currently have a result of “NC” on Sylvia’s wikipedia article? According to Sherdog and the UFC website it is still a win by decision for Sylvia. Vandalism? I’m changing it back unless someone provides a reference.Hexrei 19:58, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
I’d worry less about humiliating him and try to expand on some of the other parts that are a bit thin. Thesaddestday 05:33, 6 August 2007 (UTC)