Oh Mirko. I don’t know whether to be angry or happy with you at the moment. Ya see, CroCop has officially left the UFC to go fight in Japan. And while I’ll prefer whatever the Japanese set up over the Mirko vs McCully fight that was probably being readied, I still cry Pride fanboy tears that my Croatian man-crush has basically been run out of the UFC.
Details on how Mirko managed to get out of his UFC contract halfway through are still kinda sketchy, although I have a few ideas on how it went down:
- Mirko answered he these riddles three
- In addition to amazing high kicks, Mirko can also pull off some pretty damned convincing blowjobs
- Croatian law clearly states “CroCop gets to do whatever the fuck he wants to.”
Of course there’s also word that Dana White released Mirko from his contract and Mirko intends on coming back to the UFC down the road. That certainly seems like a pretty unlikely scenario, but I’ve also come up with a few ideas on why this would work:
- Dana had Mirko injected with crazy bubonic plague monkey aids just before he got on a plane to Japan
- The UFC can’t afford Mirko because they spent all their heavyweight money on Tim Sylvia and Brock Lesnar
- Dana is a moron who doesn’t think Mirko is worth paying
Of course, other people are constructing elaborate fantasies where Dana is sending Mirko abroad to hunt down and defeat Fedor, which will magically repair the rift between the UFC and Randy Couture. And while it sure is fun to think that Dana White is capable of such elaborate plotting, it’s a lot more likely that he just thinks CroCop is a washed up loser who can take a flying fuck through a jelly donut.