twitter google

Kyle Kingsbury is getting all the best supplements

Kyle Kingsbury has shown flashes of greatness in the octagon since his kinda meh run on the Ultimate Fighter. Unfortunately, he’s shown longer flashes of shitty cardio. Good news: he’s working on fixing the problem through a dedicated nutrition and training program. I dunno if you’d call this bad news, but it’s certainly interesting … check out who he’s got running his supplement regiment:

There isn’t a long line of athletes waiting to work with Stan Conte, but Kyle Kingsbury trusts the guy, many wouldn’t touch with a 10-foot pole. The former Arizona State defensive lineman and UFC veteran continues his journey in the world of mixed martial arts with Barry Bonds’ former mixologist at his side.

“Having gone to jail and having four daughters to look after he understands they gave him a slap on the wrist the first go around he’s done,” said Kingsbury, who first heard Conte’s “I’m a changed man” pitch a few years ago. “I believed him right then and there. He’s on the up and up.”

Conte is still scuffling to find clients. MLB player Marlon Byrd and boxer Nonito Donaire are on the short list of other athletes who jumped on board with the guy who took down the careers of dozens of athletes during the Balco steroid scandal.

“I’m about forgiveness. I’ve had to learn to forgive myself. And Kyle was one of the first that found it in his heart to forgive me. He realized there was going to be a stigma attached to me,” said Conte.

Eh, that stigma stuff only applies as long as your name appears in headlines alongside steroid allegations. That’s basically 1% of the time when the media decides it’s time for a witch hunt. The other 99% of the time, no one cares about all the performance enhancing drugs floating around the world of sports. And I bet Conte knows about all the best stuff that’s right on the edge of legality.

  • Blackula Jonez says:

    Gotta love loopholes and the general publics disinterest in the chemicals that make average athletes superhuman.

  • DJ ThunderElbows says:

    Oh maaaaaaan.  We don’t need any more of this shit.

  • Redping says:

    so he gets a win over Hamman he doesn’t deserve, a win over Maldonaldo he doesn’t deserve, and knocks out some bum who Seth Petruzelli almost knocked out. Where were these flashes of greatness? was it when he was holding onto a mui thai plum and eating body shots in exchange for a barely-landed knee? Or was it earlier when he was losing to ryan bader?

    Somebody needs to get this guy some better steroids. From the silva fans perspective, if Chael gave him some of his he should theoretically be able to hold a champ down for 23 minutes

  • Reverend Clint says:

    kingsbury looks like randy couture fucked wandy

  • kwagnuth says:

    It sure is complicated to get in shape these days. I tell you what you better perform if you are gonna spend all that money and go through all the trouble. I’ll laugh if he gasses out in the second.

  • frickshun says:

    Kewl vid. Love seeing what fighters do to get to this level. Fuck the haterz!!