twitter google

Zuffa merges UFC, and WEC !!!!!!!!

Home Forums MMA Related Zuffa merges UFC, and WEC !!!!!!!!

This topic contains 78 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  pewnt 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author

pewnt

http://www.mmafighting.com/

GREAT news for all the lighter fighters

pewnt

frickshun

I dig it. But what’s gonna happen to the Versus shows?? They’re usually much better than the Spike or PPV shows!!

G Funk

Fucking awesome! Finally!

pewnt

frickshun, Comment #2

Watch the video.

2 More shows this year.

4 Shows/year on Versus under the UFC banner

WEC fighter will now be UFC fighters. All weight class’s can be on any UFC card now. Current WEC belt holders will now be UFC belt holders. 155 Unification WOOT!!!

frickshun

No video or sound @ work :(

glassjawsh

i am officially starting the HYHYPT suicide watch. he will not take this news well

my opinion about this ——> http://www.bennadel.com/resources/uploads/open_tits_close_tits.jpg

mamoru

This is fucking AWESOME.
    Finally the little guys can get some of that UFC shine on them, not to mention the UFC money.
    Good shit.

And good on Dana for finally having a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT that is, in fact, HUGE.

YEAH RIGHT

Jawsh, i swear, you know me better than anyone else. This is TERRIBLE news. The last consistently great MMA promotion is not going to be shitty.

But, but, but the UFC is soo awesome and they pay so great!!! Now they’ll make more money!!

Bullshit. When was the last time you were happy with every fight on a UFC card both on paper and during the actual event? I cant fucking remember. The WEC put out great cards and great fights every fucking outing. As if they UFC didnt have too many fighters already, not they just inherited another fucking promotion.

And its just a fact lighter weight fighters make less money than heavier fights because people want to see big motherfuckers hitting eachother. Unless they are a hugely dominant guy, ie GSP, they just make less money.

I’ll admit i havent read into the merger or how its going to work at all, but it just seems like a horrible idea. It wasn’t broken, there was no need to ‘fix’ it.

And there goes any hope for a 125 division.

G Funk

^ IDK, Dana seems ready to go 125 as per that interview.

YEAH RIGHT

That’s just too many damn fighters for one promotion.

I just don’t see how they can have 7 (and now possible 8) weight classes and put on good cards. They are going to have to get ready of all the C and low b level fighters, it’s going to be hard to develop fighters with so many damn weight classes. They already cant handle the classes they have. We’ll see.

scissors61

For those saying the WEC wasn’t broken, it was. TV ratings have been in a free fall for the last year, and these guys are hurting financially. This is good for the fighters, good for the fans, good for the sport.

scissors61

And why whine about paying to see Jose Aldo fight? I will gladly shell out some bucks to watch that guy.

subo

^ Damn skippy straight. Their shows were amazing and free, but seeing Jose Aldo make less money than Matt Serra… it’s just not cool.

Have you witnessed the death of PRIDE today – You are one of four people not happy about this.

I’m excited for the lightweight merger…

you could have Cerrone vs. Florian, Ed Ratcliff vs. Guida, Njoukuani vs. nobody (fuck him), Jamie Varner vs. Joe Stevenson….. ugh endless thoughts!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives