twitter google

Sudden Death round in the UFC

Home Forums MMA Related Sudden Death round in the UFC

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Conseal 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Conseal

Dana White hates draws. Now he’s in favor of “overtime” in case of a draw. In other words, it would be akin to the way they do it on TUF. I think it would be a interesting addition and it would more or less solve the problem with draws. I would like to hear some reasons as to why it would be a bad thing, as I’m sure there are some downsides to such a practice.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/31/dana-white-supports-overtime-to-take-draws-out-of-the-ufc/

iamphoenix

glassjawsh

draws do not bother me at all, another round of a stupid boring fight would though

CAP

yeah dawg why not!

Letibleu

When you sniff crack off of your boyfriends ass and he farts and gets white crack in your face…

Letibleu

shit sorry wrong browser tab. How do you edit this shit?

YEAH RIGHT

I like kickboxing’s style of judging. They are more likely to give 10-10’s when rounds are close, and they aren’t afraid of going to the extension round. I think it adds more excitement, personally. Unless we completely throw out all the judges we will damn near never see an extra round, or sudden death round. How many fights have you seen go to a draw? Almost never. I can only think of like 2 or 3 off the top of my head.

Letibleu

I still stand by my idea of electrifying the fence

Omomatta

I miss Ren and Stimpy.

Conseal

@YEAH RIGHT

Two of the last four main events has ended with a draw! And one of them a title fight. Now that may be a freak occurence, but that’s the only reason we’re talking about it.

YEAH RIGHT

Yeah, I know. That’s why I said I can only think of 2 or 3 off the top of my head.

iamphoenix

i wouldn’t know where to buy anal beads. i’m sorry.

Draws happen so rarely that instituting an overtime round seems ridiculous. If Draws were happening on every card it would be different, but 2 main events go to a Draw and suddenly we’re changing the rules?

SOMETIMES A FIGHT IS EVEN AND THERE IS NO WINNER. It happens so infrequently that it’s kind of like a magical little moment when it does. If the fight goes to a decision then there is no real winner anyway. No reason to be dissapointed when the mystical Draw rears it’s head three or four times a year.

WHO WASN’T HAPPY THAT FITCH DIDN’T GET A BULLSHIT PASS TO A TITLE SHOT AFTER BEING UTTERLY AND TOTALLY EXPOSED (BY A LIGHWEIGHT) AS A ONE DIMENSIONAL DECISION ARTIST?

YOU CAN THANK THE DRAW FOR THAT.

In summation, an overtime round is kind of jumping the gun on a non exsistent problem. Work on educting the judges instead.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives