twitter google

So.. Fedor’s eye is fine. No Broken Orbital.

Home Forums MMA Related So.. Fedor’s eye is fine. No Broken Orbital.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kvelertak 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kvelertak

Fedor was cleared already:
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/13/doctors-clear-fedor-emelianenko-who-could-decide-future-in-next/

Funny they let KOS fight for 5 rounds with a broken face bone but Fedor couldn’t fight another 5 minutes with a little hematoma?

This was officially a bad stoppage and one crappy doctor. Not trying to nuthug Fedor but it was an important decision where the outcome of another round was important. Fedor was busted up but Silva was gassed and Fedor has a history of finishing things at the last minute. Who knows.

kvelertak

woops. sorry for the double post.

eh, better to take precaution in a sport that involves serious potential for bodily harm, especially if the guy can’t effectively see out of his eye.

i wouldve been interested to see if he could turn it around in the 3rd as well but i guess thats just the nature of the sport.

scissors61

I will say this, Fedor is fucking tough. Seriously tough. He took a horrendous beating in the 2nd round and had to be stopped from fighting. Nobody can question that. 

That second round was helaclious. And the first was back-and-forth and awesome. It sucks, but you can’t let him go out there for another round with his eye like that.

scissors61

True, I don’t think he should’ve continued. He could’ve permanently lost vision in that eye. 

“It sucks, but you can’t let him go out there for another round with his eye like that.”

This guy, whoever the hell he is, gets it.

His eye was completely fucked, can’t risk a permanent loss of vision or a reenactment of the eyeball scene from any given Sunday.

Letibleu

1st round I felt like I-Fed (get it?) was bringing it all. Second round was a heavier stronger man putting Fedor in the worst possible positions but Fedor pulled through. There is a breaking point where fighter give up and they will let a choke slide through or just turtle up until it ends. Fedor did not reach that point. He has no quit.

I would have loved to see the third but that eye was bad and I agree with the stoppage.

The end has arrived or is near for The Emperor. The next generation is in full bloom.

subo

THEY’RE BACK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives