twitter google

Shogun

Home Forums MMA Related Shogun

This topic contains 58 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  YEAH RIGHT 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

YEAH RIGHT

Looked like shit tonight. That was not the fighter that beat Lyoto twice (yes, i said twice). That was the fighter that fought Forrest and Mark Coleman.

Shogun lost that fight more than Jones won that fight.

As far as Jones goes, I don’t know what was more impressive; His lack of head movement, his lack of foot movement, or his complete inability to formulate a single combination against an opponent who isn’t striking back at you. 

I’m hammered, Goodnight, fuckers.

glassjawsh

i love you (in the butt) hyhypt but you;re wrong. so….so….wrong

Letibleu

I think Shogun is worn down. I think JJ is that good. I think Yeah Right is sour grapes. I think the biggest test is now to see how much of this goes to JJ’s head. I think of the top 10 LHW’s Rashad has the best chance to defeat JJ because of what he knows. I think the Americans started the revolt in Libya because Gadhafi was about to nationalize their oil (biggest and cheapest reserves in Africa). I think JJ should get involved and put an end to the conflict in Libya.

scissors61

you know why shogun looked like shit? because he got his fucking ass kicked from the start of the fight until the very end. shogun’s a great fighter, jon jones is better. deal with it.  jones beat him everywhere. 

YEAH RIGHT

Brandon fucking vera put up a better fight than Shogun did. So did Bonnar–are you really trying to tell me that brandon vera and steven boner are better fighters than shogun? He looked fucking haggard in that fight. Just terrible. Shogun was fighting like he hadn’t trained a day in his life and he was scared of Jones.

I stick to what i said about jones lack of striking prowess. Dude has a long reach, that’s it.

scissors61

lolz, whatever. the bonnar fight was ages ago, jones has improved by leaps and bounds. same goes for the vera fight. you’re so far up your own ass at this point i don’t know why anyone bothers. PRIDE was just a logo on a mat. now go watch the end of the fight when jones drops shogun with a body shot over and over again until you drown in snot and tears

you have to take into account that was what 3 fights and a year ago for jones’s vera fight and 2 years for the bonnar fight. Fighters change.

YEAH RIGHT

I’m not saying Jones isn’t good. I’m saying that fight had more to do with Shogun coming in injured (or something) than Jones utterly killing him. That’s all. Jones didn’t look that impressive as Shogun did just bad. Watch shoguns fights. Hell, don’t even watch all of them, just watch these four–Liddell, Lyoto (either), then compare those fights to his fights with coleman and forrest. Who did he resemble? He threw like two fucking strikes in that fight. Looked a lot like he did against Forrest, except Jones is one of the best in the world, and coming in injured to a fight is a terrible idea.

Notice how i never mentioned pride or any of his pride fights? Fuck his pride career, it’s completely irrelevant for his career now.

I don’t think Jon Jones has improved leaps and bounds. He has excellent top control and really good take downs. Other than that, he utilizes his reach pretty well and throws unorthodox strikes that generally prove to be pretty useless. His spinning back elbow and spinning back kick did nothing but get an oooh and aaaah from the crowd. He did his damage in the clinch and on the ground.

I don’t know why it’s so unbelievable to think that a guy who has blown out both his knees in the last 2 years, and has came in injured to 3 of his last 5 fights could possible have shown up for this fight injured too.

Shogun got pwned. Just admit it. You sound like my brother. You whiny bitches!

CAP

I thought Shogun looked like ass too. Just flat. Not sure what was up. I was expecting more of a game plan but he just got worked. Hardly any leg kicks. I wonder if Jones busted another face. Shogun wasn’t lookin too good.

Maybe JJ is that damn good. Machida Jones Era.

The only guys who have a chance against Jones is Rashad (he knows him very well) and Mr Wonderful (his striking needs to improve 10 fold). Other than that I don’t know who would even make the fight close. Hell, even Jesus couldn’t tap Jones.

CAP

I wonder how small Rashad looks next t o Jones.

Not that I think Machida can take Jones but I’d like to see how that plays out. Two very unorthodox styles.

ghostboner

Paul Harris could tap Jones. I also thought Shogun looked like shit more than Jones looked good. He gassed in the 1st round, which I hear is bad. Rashad could win, Rampage could beat Jones, Thiago Silva on roids could beat Jones, Alistair Overeem could beat Jones 10 times out of 10, and Cyrille Diabate would prob knock him out 5 times out of 10.

Letibleu

^ nice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives