twitter google

random musings to cure my boredom

Home Forums MMA Related random musings to cure my boredom

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  glassjawsh 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

glassjawsh

im in a rut while typing a paper about fucking cataloging.  so i thought id write about fighting to held me get back in the groove.  

anyhow!

is it me or is 124 fucking awful? I seriously could give a shit about any other fight on the card other than the main event.  outside of thiago alves and jim miller being  fringe contenders none of the other fights are at all significant. (a little too much of a boxing model for my taste) it’ll be interesting to see how many of the hardcores actually go through with buying it, instead of procuring it through other means/watching it the next day on mma-core or mmatko 

125 is exactly the opposite, I’m stoked for every other fight on the card EXCEPT for the main event (which is going to be horrifically boring/aneurysm inducing. even after jose aldo pulled out it’s still got Clay Guide v Takanori Gomi/Nate Diaz v Korean Stun Gun/Thiago Silva v Brandon Vera/Chris Leben v Brian Stann.  The chances for violence (before the inevitable 25 minute snuggle fest) are exponentional

id rather watch Evan Dunham v Melvin Guillard anyhow as i am officially bored of Kenny Florian (and will forever be pissed at him for losing to hump herp mcderp maynard and making me look like an asshat)

UFC 126 is seriosuly starting to look like a 116/121esque card.  my casual fan friends are pumped for it, here’s betting it does over 850k ppv buys

127 has 3 fighters i love watching (bisping, sotiropolous and the beej) against 3 guys they have no business in the cage with.  For very different reasons each fight just seems awful to me.  if it’s not free, im not watching it (on tv at least)

subo can suck a dick on this one if he disagrees but if DREAM is going out after DYNAMITE!! 2010 then they are going out with a hell of a bang (pun intended) Thompson v Kawajiri, Fernandez v a resurgent Takaya, Zoromskis v Sakuraba in what is supposed to be his farewell fight, and the inclusion of Aoki, Manhoeff and Mousasi means that this “last” DREAM show will be worth staying up for

thoughts?

subo

😀 You will never live down picking Florian in that fight.

I will probably watch that DREAM card, if only because I like funerals.

frickshun

1) Only Subo & TIFFANY give a shit about you.

2) Although I agree about 124, I’m an addict & I’ll still watch it w/a big boner.

G Funk

LOL at 1)

So you’re excited for a Josh Thompson fight, but not Frankie Edgar? Ok man.

glassjawsh

if watching Frankie Edgar get smothered by a guy with herpes is your idea of entertaining than god(less) bless you man. that fight is going to be 30 seconds of standing and 24:30 of lay and gay

But, and given your history I in no way hold this temporary lapse against you, good sir, but Josh Thompson’s fights – putting it as delicately as possible – are like watching Clay Guida give Diego Sanchez a hand job. A lot of spazzing with no payoff for the viewer.

subo

^ That is the best description of Josh Thomson I have ever read.

/still think Clay won that fight

glassjawsh

this is my convoluted thought process. Thomson is fighting Kawajiri , Kawajiri’s fight with Gil Melendez was awesome, Gil Melendez’ second fight with Josh Thomson was awesome, therefor, ipso facto, through the transcontinental property. Kawajiri + Thomson = schwing!

also the only time Gray Maynard is mentioned in the same sentence as the word awesome is when saying something like “It’s going to be awesome to see how gray tries to explain away the blisters on his lips to that poor drunk girl he met at the bar when they wake up tomorrow morning”

subo

Pretty soon Gray Maynard will be mentioned as the champion of one of MMA’s more awesome divisions.

frickshun

Subotic–>shall we put a gentlemen’s wager on that? As much as I respect LayHard’s rasslin & work ethic, I think Edgar’s confidence is through the roof since he won the belt & looked fantastic in the rematch. I didn’t like LayHard’s reaction to Diaz by getting sucked into a sloppy brawl. I think Frankie is smarter & will figure his ass out.

Subotic–>shall we put a gentlemen’s wager on that?

This is gonna be awesome.

G Funk

Fuck that Frick! Take his allowance money!

glassjawsh

@ frick – he doesn’t have the stones

subo

@ glass – You picked Florian to beat Maynard, hahahahahahaha

Frick – Loser has to talk to your wife for half an hour?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives