twitter google

Oh, the irony.

Home Forums MMA Related Oh, the irony.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  YEAH RIGHT 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

YEAH RIGHT

http://www.cagepotato.com/vinicius-quieroz-fired-ufc-after-testing-positive-steroids

“When one of them fails a test, the government is going to fine them and suspend them and tell them they can’t make a living for a year. So should I come in after they’ve already lost the ability to make a living for a year and been fined all this money and, in the worst economic disaster in the history of the world, fine them another huge amount and take away their ability to make a living even longer?

“These are guys with homes and families and personal lives and bills and debts and obligations, just like me and you,” White said. “After they lost all this money already, money that, A, they’ve probably already spent and B, which they owe taxes, do I fine them another huge amount? What else do you do to a human being?” -Dana White

pewnt

Marc Ratner, the former Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission does the job of the Commission when the UFC fights in countries without commissions. It has been this way for a while now. The North American commissions have the right to use this as a reason not to give a fighter a license, or they can disregard it completely.

**From the article linked above**
    “In addition to his release from the promotion, the 5-2 Chute Boxe product will forfeit an undisclosed discretionary bonus from the UFC; his test results will also be given to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which could affect Quieroz’s ability to get licensed to fight in the U.S.”

The UFC did not touch his show/win money like the commissions do in North America. He lost his undisclosed discretionary bonus. You know….”the performance based bonus”.

As for being cut….this was his first fight, and he lost. Many business I have worked for (in Canada) have a six month “probation” period where they can release you for almost any reason.

Losing, and then testing positive when you are no name fighter X is a bad move when working for Zuffa.

I would join your hate wagon on this subject if the UFC did not release him, but gave him a 9 month suspension (like Leban), only to release him after it was served.

Vinicius Quieroz now has the ability to try to get licensed for North American promotions, or to fight in any number of Unsanctioned fight promotions world wide. UFC has not taken away his ability to earn money as a fighter. They have taken his ability to earn money in the UFC.

subo

^ boom.

pewnt

lol

On a side note, Yeah Right, your thread should be called “Oh, the Hypocrisy”. It appears that you are TRYING to show how Dana is a hypocrite based on your selected quotes.

The pot calling the kettle black – this is a great way to remember. If this is the point your TRYING to make, your dealing with Hypocrisy.

YEAH RIGHT

I know, i made this post right after i woke up, i halfway asleep on my phone.

But to your point. It’s pretty rare that a fighter gets released after 1 loss, the only other fighter i could think of is fuck whats his name…too lazy/tired to google, ill post it later.

The ufc does not have a 6 month probationary period, it’s not rare for a fighter to lose their first fight and get cut.

And because they gave the results to the NSAC he will be suspended and he will be fined, and they will take his money, thats what happens.

Sure, you can say he could just never come back to the states and he would never have to pay the fine or even be suspended or fight in the unsanctioned leagues, hell you could say that with any fighter that tests positive.

You could even say they’re not taking away their ability to make money because they could get a different job. But that’s just stupid.

My point of this post wasn’t about taking his money away, it was more to show how hypocritical (is that good enough for your condescending ass?) dana was for not firing chael when he’s firing this guy. Hell, the fact that he is a no name adds to my point, chael would have a much easier time making money than this fucker.

G Funk

To Pewnt regarding smart-ass douche correcting comment #3

Apart from it’s most popular meaning of the use of words to express a meaning that is the antonym of it’s literal meaning, irony can also be an outcome of events contrary to what might have been expected. Which would fit in his thread title just fine.

In any event, this fighter fought and lost in his first UFC fight AND got popped for roids on top of the loss. The firing seems alright by me even after accounting Dana’s previous statement.

pewnt

-There is no fine, he lost his bonus money. Same as if I got fired tomorrow I don’ get my Christmas/end of year bonus.

-Your right, UFC does not have a 6 month probationary period. They can cut you after ANY loss. They can cut you for violation of you contract. Behavior is also factored in. Remember when Fitch was cut for not wanting to sign on for the video game (The GSP fight may have made it possible)

-NSAC cannot fine him for shit that happens in Europe. They can take into account the UFC’s memo. If he returns to North America they can take into account this positive test when reviewing his licence.

-There have been several 1 fight and done fighters. Jason Miller being the highest profile IMO. He did OK for himself by getting off his ass and self promoting. Ask nicely and I can compile a full list for you.

-Chael worked his ass, and mouth off to get what he has. Good for him.

————————————————

I will be happy to make a deal with you right now. You stop with “public school” name calling (see Yeah Right’s comments below), and I will not be so condescending towards your point of view. Continue to call me idiot, retard, or fag, and I will be as condescending as I want. Of course you could try to get me blocked.

————————————————-
    Yeah Right’s Quotes:

“You are an idiot if you dont think His striking and what he has accomplished in k-1 is impressive.

“Congratulations for making a post stating the fucking obvious, and then going on to be a fucking retard. So, i hope you feel good riding your high horse because you have the be all and end all of heavyweight rankings. Congratulations”

“I just read Pewnts acceptance speech, what a fag! hahaha oh man that’s good!”

G Funk

^HAHA What a Fag, oh man that’s good!

Pewnt maybe you didn’t take the advise that Fickshun gave you in that thread you mention. This isn’t sherdog or whatever other MMA blogs, this is the land of the jackals, a different breed of fans. DON’T GET ALL PUSSY BUTT HURT AND TAKE CHIT HERE SERIOUSLY!!! You’re in for a long hard blogging life at FightLinker if you do not adhere to this advise bro trust me.

pewnt

G Funk, Comment 7

Not butt hurt lol. Trust me I don’t take it personally.

I LOVE a good argument, and very opinionated.

I was being a douche, and I know I was being a douche when I typed it. If I could get someone change there online language. Fuck man that would be funny.

I am serious about compiling data. I have an open Internet connection, and a lot of down time at my job. I may do the one, and done list just for fun.

G Funk

If you would read some of the chit you post with a neutral mind, you would see just how much of a bitch-made poster you come across as.

One minute example: “You stop with “public school” name calling (see Yeah Right’s comments below), and I will not be so condescending towards your point of view. Continue to call me idiot, retard, or fag, and I will be as condescending as I want. Of course you could try to get me blocked.” <—Bitchmade“Yeah Right’s Quotes:“You are an idiot if you dont think His striking and what he has accomplished in k-1 is impressive. ” “Congratulations for making a post stating the fucking obvious, and then going on to be a fucking retard. So, i hope you feel good riding your high horse because you have the be all and end all of heavyweight rankings. Congratulations”“I just read Pewnts acceptance speech, what a fag! hahaha oh man that’s good!”” <—–BitchmadeTrying to act all smart and chit trying to correct someone in the douche manner that you did, but actually making yourself sound retarded is bitchmade.Trying to act like you’re not taking things personal and playing it off as if it’s some big game when we all know you’re pussy butt-hurt is, now say it with me….Bitchmade!This has been gathered just by this thread only? Can you possibly see the recurring trend?Your friend with love, “G” Funk

pewnt

Point taken. :)

You two better play nice, or I’m going to have to get medieval on your asses 😀

YEAH RIGHT

Listen here pewnt, i have nothing against you, i just don’t like your opinions.

I do tend to get riled up, and have been known to throw out “public school” insults, but i really don’t mean anything by it, don’t let it get to you.

You should have seen me vs take it easy and me vs jackson.

Me vs subo isn’t so entertaining. He tends to bitch out alot.

frickshun

You guys are the lamest arguers I’ve ever encountered. Let me show you how it’s done:

Yeah Right–>Test results are back. Is it okay if I call you “son”?

Pewnt–>Have you attempted to sue Trey Parker & Matt Stone for using your likeness to create a skinnier/less annoying version of you in their character “Cartman”?

glassjawsh

^ BOOOOOOUUUUUURN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives