twitter google

main event rounds to be 5 rounds

Home Forums MMA Related main event rounds to be 5 rounds

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shillyer 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

shillyer

in the ufc. yep. thats all I got. sounds good to me 

iamphoenix

needs more dick.

I really wanna be happy about this, but right after Pettis/Guida … smells a lil weak, but I’m sure I’ll come around.

frickshun

I dig it.

CAP

I think it’s a good thing. It may also make the match making better for main events with this rule in place.

CAP

or it could ruin them.

Omomatta

It’s a fine idea….I’m just not grasping the point of it. When a main event fight isn’t for a title…why make it 5 rounds? I always thought that the 5 round fight was part of the unified rules. I didn’t know it was just the UFC’s choice.

iamphoenix

^every fight is 5 rounds and a title fight! everyone gets a belt! it’s oprah rules dude.

Redping

Title fights should be 10 rounds or TILL DEATH.

Man I wish guida vs pettis was 2 more rounds. At least having 5 rounds decreases the chance of the top fighters of the cards suffering iffy decisions (machida vs rampage for example). It will make things a bit clearer and give fighters a chance to finish, but it kinda cheapens title fights because the title eliminators leading up to them will be 5 rounds anyway. when you think about it objectively its also taking the advantage away from the champs of being conditioned to go for 5 rounds, because everyone will be used to it at the top of the food chain

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives