twitter google

fight metric makes me feel like a dope

Home Forums MMA Related fight metric makes me feel like a dope

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  glassjawsh 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

glassjawsh

upon initial viewing i scored the first and second rounds for BJ and the third 10-9 for fitch.  in my mind at least 10-8 are reserved for near finishes, but then i saw this and realized that fitch absolutely DESTROYED BJ in the third (149-2 WTF?????) 28-28 seems a lot more justified now eh?

any ways how did you merkers score the main event?

iamphoenix

i didn’t watch 127.

subo

Bj earned himself a draw by having a gameplan because he got fucking annihilated in the third.

Márcio

I thought it was awesome seing Fitch almost crying for a title shot after a draw. The dude is seriously delusional, we would get murdered if he fought GSP again. That dominant third round had more to do with BJ gasing out as usual that any great comeback by Fitch. He’s the same blanket he was a couple years back, his game hasn’t evolved at all and he can’t finish a sandwich.

Márcio

By the way, although in hindsight I agree with the draw, at at the time I scored it 29-28 BJ. I gave him the first two rounds and the third to Fitch but only 10-9. I never felt he was close to finish the fight and that’s usually my criteria to give 10-8 rounds.

glassjawsh

^ you said what i said, only with less amazing involved

Márcio

^ I must agree… again.

i didnt really think either guy was a winner but if i had to chose i would pick BJ since he was the closest more often

Jim

Didn’t see the fight, as there was a good boxing card on last night. Jon Fitch annihilating anyone doesn’t make any fucking sense. 

I’m going to watch the fight later today. But right now Subo, you’re sounding like a crazy person.

subo

Let me knw what you think Jimbo

scissors61

I gave BJ the first two rounds and scored the 3rd a 10-9 for Jon based only on the fact that Fitch never looked like finishing, but the draw is pretty tough to argue with in hindsight. All things being equal BJ put Fitch in worse spots than Fitch did throughout the first two, but what are you gonna do, ya know. I’m sure they’ll fight again. 

subo

I’m pretty stingy with my 10-8s but I never considered “close to finish” a necessity (if I’m surprised your opponent is still alive, it is a 10-8, but it doesn’t have to be that way).  Fitch outstruck Penn 149-2 in the third, and 26-1 in significant strikes.

scissors61

Yeah, but “significant” only by FightMetric’s standards. To me a significant strike is one that either drops or seriously rocks your opponent, which I didn’t see Fitch do. That may have more to do with BJ having the best chin in the sport, though. 

significant is what Hunt did to titties. Fitch pulled the chael sonnen but for only 1 round

losing two rounds getting outwrestled by a lightweight and then pathetically failing to finish a helpless opponent in the third

told you fitch is a shitty fighter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives