twitter google

Fedor.

Home Forums MMA Related Fedor.

This topic contains 49 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  YEAH RIGHT 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

YEAH RIGHT

Before GSP and before Anderson and before Jose Aldo there was Fedor. When I really got into MMA (early 2000’s) Fedor was just starting his reign of terror. I remember PRIDE 23 when “>he fought Heath Herring, I had never seen anything like it! I knew he was special, and you have to keep in mind, Heath was the shit back then. Kinda. 

Fast forward damn near 10 years and people are talking about how he sucks, and he would never cut it in the UFC.

It’s weird watching legends get old. We’re seeing it with the Nog’s, with Wandy, and now Fedor. The majority of MMA fans can’t really comprehend what that feels like, sure you can look back at there records and say wow–that’s impressive. But unless you were there, unless you felt the excitement you got when one of them fought, or remember how unbeatable they felt you probably wont understand. That is, until GSP starts getting old. Imagine a day when GSP can’t out wrestle, or out cardio someone else. And not even because his opponent is the best fighter in the world, but because GSP is old. It’s a weird feeling, jackals. 

It’s sad to see Fedor go (which he should now, or better yet, a year ago) but every fighter has to retire at some point. I genuinely feel bad for MMA fans that never really knew Fedor beyond his fight with Arlowski.

glassjawsh

you are right but saying it makes you seem like a total dick

subo

It happens to everyone.  He lorded over a division for almost a decade.  That’s in the record books, and it’s not going anywhere.  Give your PRIDE a hug.

ghostboner

Well said, yeah right, well said.

scissors61

There are exactly two heavyweight fights I still bother to watch when I’m on an MMA watching jag: Fedor/Nog 1 and Fedor/CroCop. Fedor/CroCop, in particular, will always be special to me. That was such an amazing fight. 

G Funk

Fedor is the greatest Heavyweight of all time. His reign lasted through multiple era’s of this young sport. While other champions came and went, he continued his supremacy. Alas, it’s a new age and eventually the greats fizzle. Maybe if his heart was still in the fight game, he could have postponed the inevitable.

I don’t see how HYHYPT came off as a dick with this post. And I’m utterly surprised with Subo’s comment.

Letibleu

It’s amazing how much you can prolong your career by fighting awful opponents. Half a decade in fact.

YEAH RIGHT

Welcome back, take it easy.

shillyer

he “lorded” over a division for half a decade. And that is impressive. but since 2006 Fedor has never fought the person I thought he should have. a 6 year rain on the top is good, great even, but don’t pretend it was a whole ten years.

shillyer

the best in a decade does not mean the best for the whole decade 

subo

He was the last one, G – the last #1 fighter to elude Zuffa’s grasp.  It happened, and it’s never going to happen again.

shillyer

subo. if he loses some wieght and loses a couple of fights at 205 in the UFC will you respect him less?…because he will lose at 205.

He was never #1 since Zuffa was #1 as a matter of definition. He may have been better, but we will never know, and that is only his fault. Fuck him. He could have been something better but he chose not to try to. And chose not to risk it. Probably the greatest HW so far. but any HW who win more defends more than 5 times is better than he was because he kept competeing. Fedor did not keep competeing 

YEAH RIGHT

You are such a fucking tool.

YEAH RIGHT

And consequently exactly the type of fan I was talking about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives