Both Fedor and Werdum want tune up fights
- November 18, 2010 at 8:35 pm #24219
Well if both take tune up fights, we now may not see Overeem, Fedor, or Werdum until late spring, or summer….bullshit.
So I ask you all:
1) Should “top ten” fighters, coming off wins get “tune up fights” ?? Even coming off injury.
2) If Fedor fights another “can”, will Strikeforce tell M-1 to fuck off?November 18, 2010 at 8:45 pm #102717
Sorry, Should say Overeem, Fedor, or Werdum in a fight with any meaning in the HW division.November 18, 2010 at 8:52 pm #102720
Werdum is gonna stretch this out as long as possible.
He’s making mad money.
Fedor needs a tune-up since he hasn’t fucking fought in six months and barely fought then.November 18, 2010 at 9:03 pm #102723
1) Shogun isn’t getting a tune up fight. Brock nearly died and didn’t get a tune up fight. So what makes Fedor/Werdum think that it’s okay to get a tune up fight?
2) Ofcourse Fedor is going to fight a can if he can’t get Werdum. He sure as hell wont take on Overeem because his handlers don’t want that fight.November 18, 2010 at 9:09 pm #102725
^ thisNovember 18, 2010 at 9:31 pm #102727
I had a comment like your Shogun point, but I deleted it. Wanted to see others opinions, and not just defend mine this time. I didn’t even think of Brock. Great points.
TYNovember 19, 2010 at 12:00 am #102743
I’d say it’s about the orgs, not the fighters. Dana doesn’t do tune-ups for top fighters. He can make more money on them win or lose, against a good opponent.
It’s these outside fighters whose management has the “boxing” mindset of not damaging their marketability. Dana can push any fighter whenever he thinks it’s worth the time & money. Or bury them!!
It’s pure economics for these guys to fight cans if they can get paid a million bucks for it!!November 19, 2010 at 12:45 am #102749
Fedor barely fights twice a year as it is.
Don’t worry – this is just like how Frankie and BJ got tune up fights in between their rematch. OH WAIT
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.